As some of you know, my resolution for 2017 is to get back into blogging. Enough of excuses, just get on with it.
I plan to restart the community involvement we all enjoyed several years ago – writing micro fiction. This will put some pressure on me to stick to my resolution and I hope to garner some support from you. Perhaps, procrastinators can leverage this and get into blogging again. I certainly need the push…
If you recall, I usually posted an image and invited submissions of 33 or 55 word micro fiction – complete stories. This time, instead of an image, I’m uploading a video clip.
Drawing inspiration from the video clip above (I’ve written a sample story) you are invited to submit your work:
- Write a micro fiction – work – of not more than 55 words. Can be less, but not more. You’ll have to make every word count. (I know, this disqualifies all politicians.)
- Your title is not included in the word count – but it should not exceed 10 words.
- Any genre but must be family friendly and the stories must be your own.
- Format can be prose, poem, script or a monologue even – all referred to as ‘work’. I’m keeping the net wide as we can be entertained and learn from the variety. But maximum 55 words, folks.
- Closing date for submissions: Friday, 20 January, midnight. The time is per your country of residence. This gives me time to compile over the weekend.
- I shall upload the video, with your work embedded. you can copy and paste on your blog, YouTube, Facebook, and any other social media. Easy-peasy.
- I own the film clip – so no copyright worries for you – and shall include audio too if required and if I can get my hands on appropriate sound tracks. No audio in the example above for now, as I don’t wish to influence the direction of your story. For example, my story comes across as one of hope… or, is it? An audio track might let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. In this case, the cat might just get eaten!
- You own copyright to your work – and due credit shall be given as per the example above. Besides the name you go by in your blog, I shall also include your domain name and hopefully pull new viewers to your blog. Mutual help.
- By submitting your work, you agree to the above terms.
- Amended on 17 Jan 2017 – Instead of uploading on my YouTube channel [which I’ll also do], I’ll upload the videos here on my blog to save you some trouble.
Imagine that – you have your very own video clip with story embedded.
Game for it?
Post your flash fiction in the comments section below. I can’t wait to read them.
All good wishes with your efforts!
P/s: As I’ve been away from blogging for quite a bit, this might take time to build momentum but I shall persevere and look forward to your support.